Thursday, February 15, 2018

UPDATE ON: the weak Ankle and it's follow-on

For those that have not 'heard' - I whacked my left ankle on 3 January (about six weeks ago) doing something I KNEW had the 'knack' to destroy my ankle - I rode my tricycle with NO Clip-In-shoes…

for those that do NOT KNOW - this is a cardinal sin in the tricycle world…

I've now been 'out of commission' for about six weeks (the medical healing of one of 8 ligaments in my ankle-joint) -

NOW I'm into my first week (2 visits and one home-exercise set) to re-build both the STRENGTH (will NEVER be like it was) - as well as the "RANGE OF MOTION" (which will also NEVER be like it was) - in my left ankle -

and - OH - by the way - I WILL NEVER AGAIN ride my tricycle with NO Clip-in-shoes - NEVER NEVER

the total outcome is I will probably have been side-lined (from cycling) at LEAST two MONTHS when this is all over and I will probably be out of kiteboarding and board-sailing for at least another MONTH - because both kiteboarding and boardsailing require a STRONG, FLEXIBLE, ANKLE to steer-accurately….

LET THIS BE A LESSSON to those out there who take their ankle for granted

- DO NOT DO "STUPID THINGS" to your ankle!

a Painful Me