Thursday, January 12, 2023

Updates for 12Jan23

#########################################
something to ponder:

Good memories are like charms
Each is special
You collect them one by one
THEN, one day you look back and
Discover they make a long and colorful
Bracelet
---------------------------------------------------------
From book: 'Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas'
by James Patterson (2001) Pages 72-73
Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Suzanne%27s+Diary+for+Nicholas&i=stripbooks&crid=22IYMCZ8QXFNT&sprefix=suzanne%27s+diary+for+nicholas%2Cstripbooks%2C99&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Wikipedia Link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzanne%27s_Diary_for_Nicholas
----------------------------------------------------------
"Twilight" by: Stephenie Meyer

this is the 'classic' vampire story, VERY WELL WRITTEN, and, book1
of several books that tell of an on-going saga

I picked-up on these classic lines, then noticed WEEKS AFTER
I'd finished the book, of all several hundred pages of book,
only these few lines were quoted on the back of the book:

(from the point of view of the 'girl (16-18 years old)'
falling in love with 'the guy' (about 19 years old))

only Anne Rice can 'do it better' "The Vampire Chronicles"

About three things I was absolutely positive.
First, Edward was a vampire.
Second, there was part
of him--- and I didn't know how potent that part
might be--- that thirsted for my blood.
And third, that I was unconditionally and irrevocably
in love with him.


from book: 'Twilight' (first of 4 books)
by: Stephenie Meyer (2005)
Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/Twilight-Stephenie-Meyer-audiobook/dp/B000BO2D64/ref=sr_1_4?crid=26NLD3LQR36OW&keywords=twilight+books&qid=1673305611&s=books&sprefix=twilight%2Cstripbooks%2C106&sr=1-4

##################################################################
some musicians you can look-up on Youtube.--------------

** Gamazda - Russian pianist -frequently plays old-beat-up uprights
link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKscaP2HvovgMjkpY6KwfJQ

Karolina Protsenko who (sometimes)partners with
** link; https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=karolina+protsenko

Oscar Stembridge - singing, drums, piano, etc.
** link; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huoljHmnb0Q

Alexandra Ilieva - Saxophone
** link; https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?hspart=iba&hsimp=yhs-syn&type=asbw_8063_CHW_US_tid22027&p=Alexandra%20Ilieva&param1=WfRtaK%2F7%2Bjg3G2IgrgTxD5IFvWH5q%2BoJQEruenQrCdw%2F0Z%2F%2B0EIHUJP3H9ITPnvn&param2=9dUI1n2R0BLDxNuWfiP4aWyjOZc2NBa%2Bx2opBYQCDMSB7nBAfwbAzkkglZNKi5o21u72Jm8TatlnU7NDGbP7F8Lft0aXvravgWuUt1wLTDRGoZDy1s38eFH2mqhQf7J35YCbQdFh0U0Q40PE25%2BEeG%2Bt%2By660cfFWnTypqgOdcBTovHzI2raVLIRNkX9g%2BHmFTaaE1bhu1kjeFI3txILQKaEWzKEe4jqQOm9daPMsm1Q9G5czjc5wJaU9QRqY99KhLfGC05qQu8waP1prduinip4DUbO9of%2BzlLPsZuF9UPM2cupuMDnzJxgYwFzb9IdiiaiE6Y3ogTMlYRrN6FlgA%3D%3D&param3=NwVEMR%2FzKcG52XsVBYEh2zk2Yklq85vdfspZPoqz2M1qypHRDDTed5vIiOf0QJloJAws3N4BZ2OFCPQG%2BRw4WpTnzaTq2VmIHxERXcUW3rVQCtxOG%2BsIEOUp0%2Ff9ylXTGucyJu3wBF4BE4auNWzgxPYjKoTraX2ufRjTKJOV5GZ6saqyJJdjKVWOIjngxNIXxnNGcpAVQSgHsvuumn7w%2FZicvzUrwkaCqeIQbcR88aKxBbZGAu6W7LByvNleVlsmV7vbilMay9ivvCTCnpv27VY1O60KswRBsb1bYNIGgX6m2sYbsWb0t9ujB%2Bz7dFym8jMbBkgcXDiRUdEi2GKB19dYu9SFfmCTW55uTQdqz9rmkVxWjPR%2FmSl1vU5HmRVUEILTr4o4Z0WJX7S%2FVmXP3srGmiQPwvg%2B6wOJjyG%2BjKxXRUz7qe2vJV5XYaAI2z%2Fp&param4=sYU9tR0BGk9geSVOQ51mVH%2BR%2F3oEL9eX11iBIYDcHzs%3D

Senri Kawaguchi - Japanese Drummer
link: https://www.youtube.com/user/tkmdr

Catherine Ashcroft and her instrument Uilleann pipes
link; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P40YOU8ggJk

Jennifer O'Connor - violinist extraordinaire
link; https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jennifer+o%27connor

Allie Sherlock - in Dublin - sometimes with others
link: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=allie+sherlock
-----------------------------------------------------
movies: some via Netfilx and some via Amazon and some via who-knows?

re-viewed: "The Fault in Our Stars" (from the book with the same name (2012)
by author John Green - who also wrote "Paper Towns")

wikipedia link: no link
movie link;

Paper Towns:
wikipedia link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_Towns_(film)
movie link;

I've "done" both these books and these movies, and I still like
BOTH of them "VERY" much... There are some that will tell you these
are 'teen' stories, and I don't dispute that but they are both
meaningful and entrancing!

---------------------------------------------------------------
more to come at a later date...more to come at a later date...
---------------------------------------------------------------

We should 'give a plug to' the Japanese sewing machine
"JUKI" (retailer-link): http:www.unisew.com)
https://unisew.com/sewing-machines/juki/bartacking
and-specialty-tacking/dnu-1541-clone/

- I just (November-December 2022)
bought a new model 1541S - several hundred pounds
(shipping cost (from Miami)), took me about 14 hours
to assemble table and machine 'head'
(which weighs nearly 80 pounds)

It was very educational / rewarding / refreshing to have May's
friend Lily, here for a few days - I processed a LOT of bi-cycle
"Inner Tubes" so that Lily could make a 'fabric' and then build
some 'goodies'. - (digital pictures to be added later)...

a 'few' words about 'processing' bicycle inner tubes:

though I have 'outlined' the 20 or so 'steps' in getting from
a blown tube (that is, mathematically a 'torus')
Wikipedia has this to say: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torus

Into a 'fabric' (some that is 'mostly' X-Y stable) a 'fabric'
to make goodies out of - there is / are at least 10-20 'gotchas'
that are pretty severe - like if you muck-up something in step
7 then in step 17 you'll have been bitten in the rear at step
27 and thrown-out-of the game at step 37, AND GUARANTEE regardless
of steps taken or short-cuts made you did NOT MAKE SOME OF THOSE
DECISIONS "correctly"

Doing this in a profit earning activity is VERY MUCH fraught with
peril...

---------------------------------------------------------------
more to come at a later date...more to come at a later date...
---------------------------------------------------------------
#############################################################
up_dated: Thu 12Jan23 Ordinal:12 @ 14:01(GMT-05:00)
#############################################################