Wednesday, September 7, 2022

last couple of months!

a word or two about the last couple of months...

there have been VERY FEW PICTS since late June
or early July - I should explain...

in VERY EARLY July I went sailboat racing andwas wandering around
NOT LOOKING WHERE I WAS WALKING - and I broke a right toe
(ALL MY FAULT!)

then less than a week later I was tricycling favouring my right
foot because I had a broke-toe and I created a problem with my left
achilles and after an MRI I am wearing an ankle brace on my left
ankle! - UGH! -

I see both PT tommorrow as well as podiatrist - so maybe I'll
get GOOD NEWS

so - SO (again all MY FAULT) for, now, nearly six weeks I've been to nearly weekly visits to the Podiatrist and LOTs of Physio Therapy, and nearly NO PICTURES...

HOWEVER, I expect to start walking / cycling / whatevering
within the next couple of weeks - so more pictures to come
(I hope (unless I break something else!))

while "off" my feet - I've done these - give them a try:

Books:
Atomic Habits by James Clear
several Python Books from O'Reilly
the re-written (to some extent) "Lake House"
which is a 'pseudo prequel' to James Patterson's "Max
Ride" series
all the Jenny Han books
most of the Sioban Vivian books

Movies:
Alita: Battle Angel - done with a LOT of 'CGI-motion capture'
and also look, VERY CLOSELY at what they do with her
eyes - ESPECIALLY when her head is not moving

ALSO: Lana Condor has a VERY MINOR ROLE - but then Lana
is the 'leading lady' in the second of Jenny Han's
trilogies, "To All the Boys I've Loved Before"

AND AND AND I've re-read, and seen the movies, again:
"The Summer I Turned Pretty" - with Lola Tung as
Leading Lady - she is excellent in the role!

AND read "Buried at Sea" (book) which is extraordinary (author lived
in Hong Kong for a while but I can FIND no one who knew him there?
)
you should know that 'OBX' (Netflix, I think) is 'coming back
and so is "Reacher",

and if you liked Willa Fitzgearald as Roscoe Conkiln in 'Reacher'
- try her in "Beach House". an almost "thriller"

This movie is very good but VERY HARD TO FIND (e-book or paper-book)
director is: Saltiel (who is also the writer) -
this link should get you the movie: https://www.beachhousefilm.com/

VERY WELL DONE! - Go Willa!!!

IF you want the book "Beach House", you're probably out of luck
I've researched high and low and I can NOT FIND an 'author' or 'book'
I think the story is only in the director's mind - the story is worth
a book, though?!

NOTE: that Lola Tung and Willa Fitzgerald's characters in both their movies
both have the family name "Conklin" Hmmmm???

up_dated: Wed 07Sep22 Ordinal:250 @ 09:07(GMT-04:00)