Saturday, August 6, 2022

Re-Read some old ones, read some new ones, etc...

===================================================
Some recent books, READ and some RE-Read:
---------------------------------------------------
NEWEST Kathy Reichs "Cold Cold Bones", very entertaining,
WELL-DONE and this is her 21st book and I thought very good
and her hiatus from writing has not hurt at all!

I did the 'pre-cusors' to the "Maximum Ride" series:

When the Wind Blows"
https://en.wikipedia.org/When_the_Wind_Blows_(Patterson_novel)
---------------------------------------------------
The Lake House
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lake_House_(Patterson_novel)
chapters 58-60 are pretty good at 'developing' the
attraction between Max and Ozy, but this book also explores
the whys and hows of the mis-placed interest of the
US Government
===============================================================
AN introduction(2nd revision) to Jenny & Lola
Jenny Han - author https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenny_Han
AND TO:
Lola Tung - actress (in (Amazon) TV series)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Summer_I_Turned_Pretty_(TV_series)

original books & TV series on Amazon Prime:

The Summer I Turned Pretty (2009)
It's not Summer Without You (2010)
We'll Always Have Summer (2011)

These books / movies are incredibly detailed AND
they 'follow' one-another extremely well... I suspect I
am NOT the 'target audience' (which I suspect is nearer
To the 12-19 year old group) - BUT it has some memory stirring
in it

I was impressed at how the
author (Jenny Han) and lead actress (Lola Tung) kept my
attention and how I thought back to my teen & early college
years, to the debutante scene and young-love & infatuation

- some 'fond' memories, some not so much... -

an EXCELLENT READ, though - your mileage may vary?

=====================================================
To All The Boys I've Loved Before (2014)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_All_the_Boys_I%27ve_Loved_Before

and sequels:
PS I still Love You (2015)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P.S._I_Still_Love_You
ALways and Forever, Lara Jean
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Always_and_Forever,_Lara_Jean

===========================================================
I will 're-iterate' here my 'fondness' for an Audible
membership - Ms. May gave me this over a year ago...
I LIKE:

I have (after having this for over a year) NOT spent
any money - they give you 1 or 2 credits a month AND
then you get 'bonus' credits sometimes (I do not fully
understand this) and most months I get 1 or 2 books with
"credits" and that's pretty good...

I can change the font-size - this is VERY NICE
- especially with my 71 year old eyes!

I DO NOT LIKE:-------------------------------------------

that listening to an Audible book typically takes 1.5x -2x
longer than reading a paper or e-book, but
I"m getting 'faster' - and there are tricks and treats

searching for my ''next read'' is a 'struggle' but
I'm getting better at it.

having to hold the iPad at an angle, above my waist
to prevent crooked-neck and shoulder soreness - also
'gripping' the iPad (because it is slippery) is sometimes
a struggle - I HIGHLY RECOMMEND a cover / case of some
sort (which will help, also, if you drop it)