AN introduction to:
Jenny Han - the author https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenny_Han
AND TO:
Lola Tung - the actress (in TV series)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Summer_I_Turned_Pretty_(TV_series)
This is Lola Tung's FIRST movie / TV series and it
proves she can act!
Lola Tung - the reader (of several of the Audible book(s))
the books also TV series on Amazon Prime:
The Summer I Turned Pretty (2009)
It's not Summer Without You (2010)
We'll Always Have Summer (2011)
all the above books / TV series I've read / watched, AND:
I think these books / movies are incredibly detailed AND
they 'follow' one-another extremely well... I suspect I
am NOT the 'target audience' (which I suspect is nearer
To the 12-19 year old group - BUT it has some memory stirring
in it
- I was -- as
a (71 year old '' adult''(some may NOT agree with this
adjective for me!) ) I was impressed at how the
author (Jenny Han) and lead actress (Lola Tung) kept my
attention and how I thought back to my teen & early college
years, to the debutante scene and young-love & infatuation
- some 'fond' memories, some not so much... -
an EXCELLENT READ, though - your mileage may vary?
=====================================================
A few more books: - these I have NOT YET read...
To All The Boys I've Loved Before (2014)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_All_the_Boys_I%27ve_Loved_Before
and sequels:
PS I still Love You (2015)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P.S._I_Still_Love_You
ALways and Forever, Lara Jean
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Always_and_Forever,_Lara_Jean
=====================================================
I will 're-iterate' here my 'fondness' for an Audible
membership - Ms. May gave me this over a year ago...
I LIKE:
I have (after having this for over a year) NOT spent
any money - they give you 1 or 2 credits a month AND
then you get 'bonus' credits sometimes (I do not fully
understand this) and most months I get 1 or 2 books with
"credits" and that's pretty good...
I can change the font-size - this is VERY NICE
- especially with my 71 year old eyes!
I DO NOT LIKE:-------------------------------------------
that listening to an Audible book typically takes 1.5x -2x
longer than reading a paper or e-book, but
I"m getting 'faster' - and there are tricks and treats
searching for my ''next read'' is a 'struggle' but
I'm getting better at it.
having to hold the iPad at an angle, above my waist
to prevent crooked-neck and shoulder soreness - also
'gripping' the iPad (because it is slippery) is sometimes
a struggle - I HIGHLY RECOMMEND a cover / case of some
sort (which will help, also, if you drop it)