I NEVER thought I'd write about this subject-matter, much less 'become-one'! -
I broke my toe, and it has had BOTH long (and short) term affects (effects?) on my life and life-style. I MUST SAY that I NEVER wanted or even THOUGHT about becoming one - BUT - that is EXACTLY what has happened as a result of the broken-toe (Supposed to keep it 'elevated') - which means:
1.) NO 'walking-around' (for exercise or anything else
2.) NO tricycling
3.) NO exercise
4.) NO (extended) shopping trips
So- what HAVE I BEEN DOING: - well mostly:
1.) NOT eating a lot - got to be careful here or I'll swell like a ballon
2.) NOT going to North Carolina for my 450 mile cycle-trek - YUCK / UGH!
3.) NOT LISTENING to the wife when she said, "You'll break your TOE if you don't move those boxes!" - and Guess What - SHE WAS RIGHT!!!!
4.) been READING A LOT (about a book a day) and consequently going to the LIBRARY a LOT (like at least twice a week)... - strangely enough this is what I thought I'd do BEFORE I retired, and it hasn't been until just-now that I've actually done this!
5.) been watching a LOT of TV on the 'internet' (Netflix!) - some EXCELLENT Movies as well as TV series (but there are a LOT of things that ALL TV shows have, now, that they did not 'used to' (all for another blog-post at some point?)
6.) NOT working in the Yard (I mowed the yard the day after I broke my toe (long before I had it x-rayd and KNEW it was broke) - it HURT like CRAZY after I mowed the yard...
7.) gotten BORED with some of the books from the library - so I'm working on my own?
8.) trying to drive a bit, just around the neighborhood...
BUT _ well - SOON this will all be over - so says my podiatrist (whom I saw today)...???
Wish me LUCK!