Well, I last posted about this issue several months ago; this is an 'update'...
I've now used the iPhone 6+ and the app called "Cycle Meter" from Abvio, for about 2 months - about 20-30 'episodes', and I have the following to report:
1.) the 'battery-life' in the 6+ is still pretty darned good, even with making a few phone-calls, doing some 'mapping', listeing to some music and other such things in addition to running the 'Cycle Meter' app...
1.a.) you MIGHT want to 'turn-off' other apps that are still running, BEFORE you go cycling... - to do this - just double-click the 'home' button' and swipe-up those apps that you don't need...
2.) the CycleMeter app CONTINUES to give me WAY more data than I'm really interested in, but you can ignore that which you don't care about - it's NOT a problem
3.) the 'gadget' that receives both wheel and pedal cadence, then transmits those (via Bluetooth) to the phone has a HUGE "alignment' problem... - even using the cable ties to tightly mount this thing, it still wobbles out of alignment - make sure to check it before each ride, and even sometimes DURING your ride...
4.) OVERALL, though, I can say I'm quite satisfied. the iPhone' application is heavy on the 'exercise' component of your ride, whereas my old Garmin unit was more focused on the POSITION (GPS-Location) of where I was, and you have to think about that 'mind-set-shift' to be comfy with the new technology...